Thread: Fishing Report

Level
    Blog Entries

Default Fishing Report

Just starting a thread where we can check in and show off a catch, or cry a little to sympathetic ears.

To get started, I have an elderly neighbor who had his dad's cast net and wanted to see if it was still sound. We took it to the little pond behind his house, and I started pulling out catfish. (Armored catfish, I don't eat them)
    I did catch 1 large Gar, again a fish I don't care to eat.

And finally, when I thought the pond was not going to be of any interest:
    2012-04-30_20-24-03_529.jpg

One nice tilapia

Made him happy to see the net is still in great shape, made me happy to have breakfast for tomorrow, and a permanent invitation to the pond within spitting distance of my back porch.
    "The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

2. # ADS
    Survival Sponsors Sponsored Post

Level
    Blog Entries

Casting nets are great pieces of equipment to have, I use mine mainly for baitfish if I'm using live bait. I'm an artificial lure guy myself but when I take my nieces and nephews out on the boat for a day of fishing I use live bait. They work better than lures for kids who end up loosing more lures than I'm willing to replace. Plus the live bait usually catches a lot more fish and is the best way to keep them from being bored. If the kids get bored because they're not catching anything I can guarantee it will be a real short fishing trip.

Joe
    SEMPER PARATUS

Level

Caught this guy and a bunch of his buddies last week. The wife and I both got our limit of Crappie, 15 each, in about 2 hrs...

crappie.jpg
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Level
    Blog Entries

Awesome! Puts my one little fish to shame!
    "The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff