Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Level

Default Current event, Washington State.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...ted-alive.html

Unfortunately, it is this type of person, if guilty, that will give preppers and survivalists a bad name.

2. # ADS
    Survival Sponsors Sponsored Post

Level
    Blog Entries

It is inevitable. As soon as they can generate a label for a large group you are immediatley judged by the worst case example in the group. That is why I don't tell my coworkers I am "prepping", so much as doing hurricane preparedness.
    "The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Level

When I first read abou this today I was saying to myself: Oh Lord, here we go again!
    If he is guilty of what he is accused of, murdering his wife and daughter, then he needs to face the law.
    The sad part is, the media and physicopaths on the left will use this to full advantage and paint with a very broad brush any group they wish to demonise.
    If you are a survivalist/prepper/vetran/teaparty/militia/anti gov right wing extreamist/ ect... ect... then you are now part of the guilty party.
    Guilty and will never be proven inocent no matter what.

Aside from being a huge failure in this guy's personal and spiritual life, its a whooping huge OPSEC fail. They found his hideout/bunker by looking at photos of the bunker back at his house.
    The whole story is not being told and the truth may never be fully told, but there will be more to come of this soon.

Dont live in fear, dont let fear be the driving force behind your perps/survival. Keep your faith in God. Keep prepping and surviving.

Dr. Robie

Level
    Blog Entries

It's sad, but its always been part of the psyche. Back in the 80's survivalists had that tag. (There was a movie made with Robin Williams that made a big joke out of it) today "Prepping" has become mainstream. I don't foresee much backlash.

Level

There is a difference between the "Survivalist" and the "Prepper" I hope the differences stay as a constant. Mosts "Survivalists" are outside the law while "Preppers" are mostly law abiding people concerened about things to come. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggyout View Post
    It's sad, but its always been part of the psyche. Back in the 80's survivalists had that tag. (There was a movie made with Robin Williams that made a big joke out of it) today "Prepping" has become mainstream. I don't foresee much backlash.

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    .... Mosts "Survivalists" are outside the law while "Preppers" are mostly law abiding people concerened about things to come. Just my opinion.
    Big Guy, I understand your thinking here but could you direct me to some literature that helped you form your opinion on this .... we have a govmnt whose policy is to function "outside the law".

In fact, much of the bureaucracy that now exists is contrary to what OUR Constitution allows.

O.W.
    Things are seldom what they seem.

Level

No literature, just my opinion based on personal observation. Our current governmwent IS and has been operating outside the Constitution. I think these are separate issues.

The current administration thinks of our Constitution as an out dated doccument, unfortunately some in the Supreme Court have the same mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Big Guy, I understand your thinking here but could you direct me to some literature that helped you form your opinion on this .... we have a govmnt whose policy is to function "outside the law".

In fact, much of the bureaucracy that now exists is contrary to what OUR Constitution allows.

O.W.

Level
    Blog Entries

No literature, just my opinion based on personal observation. Our current governmwent IS and has been operating outside the Constitution. I think these are separate issues.

The current administration thinks of our Constitution as an out dated doccument, unfortunately some in the Supreme Court have the same mindset.
    "prepper" is a relative new term. I was "prepping" in the 80's. I wasn't called one though.

Level

Okay, let me put it this way;
    A "Prepper" as called today, could be defined losely as Someone who prepares for SHTF.

A "Survivalist" as called today, could be defined as a fringe prepper (out side the law) that loses it and makes the SHTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggyout View Post
    "prepper" is a relative new term. I was "prepping" in the 80's. I wasn't called one though.

Level

.... I think these are separate issues.
    Your right. I go off on a tangent occasionally .... adult onset ADD .... or something.

While I see the only difference is in the spelling, the state media has folks viewing the one group as paranoid goofs and the others as anti-gvmnt, criminals in the making.

O.W.
    Last edited by Oscar Wilde; 04-28-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Things are seldom what they seem.