Level

Default Descent Blue I caught Saturday Night 22lbs.

bluecats.jpg
    Caught about 30 Saturday. Caught him about 11:30pm then went to the house, figured I was done for the day, lol. The water is still cold, its about 56 in the river they were still real sluggish, a few more weeks and one this size will have me all over the river!! Hopefully I will hang into his Daddy!!
    Failing to plan is essentially planning to fail.

Once more into the fray
    To the last good fight I'll ever know
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day
    from "The Grey"

2. # ADS
    Survival Sponsors Sponsored Post

Level
    Blog Entries

That cut me deep. I spent Saturday drowning worms with no luck! Still, it was a good day. Good job!
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Level

Thanks, what were you fishing for and in what type of water. I can share a few tricks i know, if it'll help. I cant catch them all and like other to have fun, so theres no secrets here.

Once more into the fray
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day
    from "The Grey"

Level
    Blog Entries

Bass and brim in a shallow creek. Used worms but I think the nightcrawlers were just too big honestly. I could see into the water and let my float drift downstream literally brushed a brim in the nose he just slid back an inch and watched the worm float by.
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Level

nice fish. I mostly do saltwater fishing and the fish have not really started to run yet.

Level
    Blog Entries

Nice Blue for so early in the season. I'm not much of a saltwater fisherman, though I do like to go striper fishing every now and again. Still too early up here in NH. But when they do start running I know I'll take a few trips to the Portsmouth area to fish in Portsmouth harbor and along the banks of the Piscataqua river. Providing I'm not spending too much time hunting gobblers or LM and SM bass fishing, or flyfishing for trout. So many activities, so little time. Heheh. Somewhere in all that fun I'll have to set some time aside to do some yard work or the wife will chain me to the house.

Joe
    SEMPER PARATUS

Level

Nice catch, I can just smell it cookin.

Level

yeah JLB they are still real sluggish, I've caught 5 pound fish in the summer that fought harder than he did. I could tell he was a descent fish from the weight but hardly any fight in em. The water should be warming up here in the next few weeks getting to and staying at about 60-65 degrees and that should turn them on. Im getting married this Saturday (which by the way is opening spring gobbler season here) and going to Florida next week so Im going on my ever elusive journey of the 10 lb largemouth. Even if i dont catch him i should catch some good fish down there. I even thought about getting up the morning im getting married and hunting for a few hours but hate to start my newlywed off in the doghouse, that might make for a rough rest of me life, lmao

Once more into the fray
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day
    from "The Grey"

Level
    Blog Entries

Well congrats on your upcoming marriage, FL has some of the best LM bass fishing. I went to HS in Orlando when I moved back to the states and discovered the joy of bass fishing, been doing it ever since. Our gobbler season doesn't start until May 3rd so I've been spending my time scouting some new areas which I'm pleased to say have plenty of mature Toms, can't wait for the season to begin. Yeah I think that going hunting on the morning of your wedding would definitely put you in the dog house, so I would probably avoid that. You've got plenty of years ahead of you for the dog house. I been married for 25 years so my dog house is now custom built with all the amenities one could ask for, so I no longer see being sent there as punishment but more akin to a break from the nagging. LOL!

Joe
    SEMPER PARATUS