Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Level
    Blog Entries

Default Laws for carrying in Glove Box

The law in Florida used to be three step law.
    As long as you had to make three steps to use the gun, ie:
    1. open glove box
    2. unsnap holster strap and remove gun
    3. chanber a round

I am not sure if that is still the law in Florida, but I am sure someone one here knows.

So what is the law in your state?
    "The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

2. # ADS
    Survival Sponsors Sponsored Post

Level

Wisconsin's new carry law states that storing a firearm in a vehicle is not recommended unless it is in a locked vault attached to the vehicle. The glove box is not considered secure storage.
    If it was man made it can be man re-made.

Level
    Blog Entries

If you have a CCL then it's OK....

I know there are some fellow LEs on here and some will disagree with me and let me say this only applies to good honest law abiding citizens only

Lock it in your glove box....put your insurance registration in another place that is easily within a visible reach....
    Don't mention it....Don't get near it....Don't allow them to search your locked glovebox without a search warrant issued by a judge....

I only say this because I've worked with young officers that will arrest you 100% of the time, if you do not have a license to have a concealed weapon. They look at it very black and white, as simply "they are getting guns off the streets". Secondly, even if you don't get arrested they are going to take you gun for safekeeping and you won't get it back before an ATF trace and the prosecutor signs off on it (I'm talking months too). Because, no officer is going to take the risk of giving you a loaded weapon back and you go kill your wife the same day...That actually happened (not killing) but a good officer was fired because he stopped a car, found a gun on a guy and the guy said he needed it because it was a rough neighborhood. The officer put it in the trunk and let him go...later he was witnessed by 30 people as he brandished the gun at a bar. After the NCIC check revealed that gun was ran through 4 hours before his brandishing event. Word got out and he was fired for dereliction of duty.

OR just get the CCL

Level

In IL it doesn't matter where in the vehicle it is, the law states the weapon has to be fully enclosed in a case and unloaded. Ammo and mags can be in the same case just not in the weapon.

Level
    Blog Entries

Yeah man, CCL. Problem solved.

Here is the federal law link, through the NRA;

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/artic...portation.aspx

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buggyout View Post
    Yeah man, CCL. Problem solved.
    Unfortunately the problem isn't solved .... just another hoop jumped through.

O.W.
    Things are seldom what they seem.

Level

In NYS there are permits for premisies, hunting and target practice, and no restrictions you can carry concealed there is no "open carry".

Level

In my state (Ms) you can have a loaded firearm anywhere in your vehicle. But you can't get out of the car with It in publix, unless you have a CWP.

Level

In Kentucky, a firearm shall not be considered concealed if located the the glove compartment, whether loaded, unloaded, holstered or unholstered.
    Failing to plan is essentially planning to fail.

Once more into the fray
    To the last good fight I'll ever know
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day
    from "The Grey"

Level

In Missouri, they tied in with the CCW law that you do not need a concealed weapons permit to have a firearm stored in your vehicle loaded and ready to go.