View Poll Results: Where do you stand on bartering with sex?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd barter for a woman's affections...

6 13.33%
  • I'd barter for a man's affections...

0 0%
  • Not interested, but hey, it's your body...

23 51.11%
  • Not interested and disagree with the notion...

11 24.44%
  • Sex.....what's that?

5 11.11%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Level

Thumbs down Sex for barter, post SHTF?

Seriously...I was shootin' the breeze with a member of my local squad today, and she says she's not the only one who would consider bartering sex if it meant saving ammo, metals, etc.....

Let's not get lascivious here, but I'd like to know some minds on this issue....

Personally, I'm not a potential partaker, nor would my wife, but we agree that a free man or woman chooses their own life...the true Libertarian lifestyle:

You be you, I'll be me...and as long as we're not trying to force "self-cloning" or depriving each other of life, liberty or property unjustly, we can be friends...
    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

2. # ADS
    Survival Sponsors Sponsored Post

Level

Well hell.
    I'm reaching 50 and most of the time it just wants to just hang there like an dead animal.
    In my lumpy chair

Level

Hell, I've been using sex for barter for years. I tell the better half I'm feeling frisky.....she says wouldn't ya rather have a new gun or something like that ?
    Every Day , Is A Bonus.

Level

AAAHHH if only sex was as much fun as a day at the range...

Level

Quote Originally Posted by rsanders View Post
    Hell, I've been using sex for barter for years. I tell the better half I'm feeling frisky.....she says wouldn't ya rather have a new gun or something like that ?
    OMFG......it's true...can't believe I never put it together.........
    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Saw View Post
    Seriously...I was shootin' the breeze with a member of my local squad today, and she says she's not the only one who would consider bartering sex if it meant saving ammo, metals, etc.....
    Saw... um I got this, uh, FRIEND, that would like the contact info for these nice prepper ladies, just to put in my, I mean HIS, Emergency Contact list...

Level

Quote Originally Posted by hubste5 View Post
    Saw... um I got this, uh, FRIEND, that would like the contact info for these nice prepper ladies, just to put in my, I mean HIS, Emergency Contact list...
    pig or frugal....you decide ...

Level

amazing what a can of spam will bring in those days huh

Level

Any imbalance in power makes physical and sexual assault more probable.
    Women had better get over the idea of equality in the PSHTF scenario.
    The idea of equality can only survive in a technological world where technology equalizes the differences between men and women. Take that technology away, and your left with who is the better warrior, both mentally and physically.
    There were roving rape gangs in the aftermath of Katrina 2005, Malaysian Tsunami 2004, Peruvian Earthquake 2007.
    No matter how hard you try, there is not one period in history you can point to where this was different. When the society in question unraveled, these things happened.
    Therefore, bartering sex is a DOA proposal. If your in the position of needing something to survive and your a woman, your screwed already. (no pun intended)

If your a woman, or a man who has female family members you wish to protect, you had better arm yourself or them. In PSHTF, civilization can only be maintained by those who are armed.

An armed society is a polite one. Social order in any society was first set by war and battle.

Level

So I asked the beautiful lady if she'd be willing to have sex with me for $1 million. She of course agreed immediately. Then I said, what about for $5? She said "What do you think I am, a whore?" And I replied, "we've already determined that fact, now we're just negotiating the price."

No offense to your squad member, but "a whore is a whore, regardless of price or circumstances".